ABOUT THE LPEM
As language teaching occupies a central position in the Grand Duchy’s education system, the LPEM offers, besides its usual courses in German and French, also technical secondary education where all subjects are taught in English as from the 10e technician classes onwards, and in which pupils are specifically geared to electronics and mechanics in order to achieve within 4 years the technician’s diploma at 13e level (diplôme de technicien – DT).
This project, set up by the highly esteemed LPEM, modernises the school system in Luxembourg to meet the needs and desires of young people opting for a high-level secondary technical education in English.
The LPEM also has a twenty-year-long teaching experience completely conducted in English within the field of the aircraft maintenance licence (AML), which is also completed with a technician’s diploma. As a whole, the technical teaching experience of the LPEM has lasted for over 100 years.
Our assets :
- No school fees
- Technical teaching experience of more than 100 years
- 20 year experience in English speaking classes (AML)
- School restaurant open from 7h30 to 8h05 and from 11h50 to 12h50
- Bus and train station near the LPEM
- Afterschool activities : sports (fitness, football, basketball, …), makerspace, chess, music band (Metze Band), boy scouts (Les Loups blancs)
ENGLISH SPEAKING CLASSES
DT (Technician Diploma)
|GRADE 9||9e, 5e, or equivalent|
- Upcoming: Smart Technologies
- Thorough knowledge of English is required (level B1)
- 5G (grade 9 or equivalent) completed successfully
All courses are taught in English
After 4 years of training most students begin their professional carreers.
During the final 2 years, supplemental courses are available to enable access to further studies.
The classes are limited to 12-15 pupils.
Information Technology – IFI
This training program comprises an introduction to programming and provides the requisite skills to perform OS installation, maintenance and networking tasks.
Mechanics – MGI
The mechanical technician’s tasks include developing, planning and installing hydraulic, pneumatic and mechanical systems. In addition, the technician is responsible for constructing replacement pieces of machinery and maintenance of technical installations.
Smart Technologies – STI
Due to the changing requirements of the energy market, we offer a new vocational training course catering for the demands of these new technologies.
Electrical engineering, electrical power, digitalisation, IT and networking are the core modules of this training course.
After 2 years of basic training, we offer a further 2 years to specialise in
Smart control of power output in electrotechnical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems that are integrated into digital networks.
- 3h Mathematics
- 2h English
- 2-4h French (beginner or intermediat level)
- 2h Luxemburgish
- General Education
- 8h IT computer shops
- 7h technical shops
- 10h mechanics, hydraulics and CAD
- 8h technical shops
- 6h technical shops
- electrotechnics and IT
Aircraft Maintenance Licence (AML)
– Thorough knowledge of English
– a DT (diplôme de technicien) or DAP (diplôme d’aptitude professionnelle) or equivalent
– an apprenticeship contract (“contrat d’apprentissage”) with a luxemburgish airline (Luxair, Cargolux, Air Rescue, …)
Online : https://www.lpem.lu/?page_id=551
Lycée Privé Emile Metz
50, rue de Beggen